Sunday, February 10, 2013

Let go. But, gently!











I’m happy that it lasted so long,
It made me rich and made me strong.
It brought me back my long lost dreams,
It brought me back my ardor.
It got my life back on track,
It brought me fragrance and flavor.
I gave in to the avalanche of being swept away,
Mulling over the new tunes of lure that made me sway.
I suddenly fell in love with poetry, flowers and church bells.
Every little song I heard suddenly made sense.
Now I know how it feels to lose myself to someone,
To feel the joy, to feel the shame,
When my emotions come undone!

That’s when words like logic and realism hide away,
And that’s when my actions go out of my way.
I smiled, I laughed, I blushed, I cried,
I gave my best to keep us tied.
But yes, it can’t be a never-ending spree,
Of tying up each other when we want to be free.


                                                                                     

It takes a lot of rumination, it takes a lot of time,
And a lot of patience to get over something so sublime.
I sometimes still sit here counting your dreams from the past,
Musing over the splendor that was never meant to last.
Lust is not forever, and neither were you.
It’s almost always the same if it’s too perfect to be true.
Time has come for the last good-byes, take my last embrace.
Smile at me for one last time, for that will forever be your face.
It’s time to put things behind and it’s time let you go,
It’s time for me to shine in new lights and put on a brand new show!





No comments:

Post a Comment