Saturday, October 13, 2012

Charmed!


Love is too clichéd to talk about. Too poetic, too abstract and too vividly opined about. So, I dedicate this post to that mystifying, inexplicable emotion that creates a strong tempest in your heart and goes away leaving you in a surprising tranquil!


Call it whatever you want- crush, infatuation, attraction, craze, fascination, fondness, liking, lust, allure, magnetism, so much and so forth!

It is purely physical almost always, when I am totally charmed by the handsomeness of the guy or the confidence with which he presents himself. Hormones take their toll. I am not serious and I know it’s a quick sexual reflex! I like to keep an eye on him when I am around, and I sneak a stealthy quick peek and feel my heart beating faster.

                         

                        


Other times it’s not as simple as that. Specially, when the person turns a friend and his looks is not the only admiration factor. I see something so interesting in him that I start feeling; I would have admired the very quality very much, even if he wasn't that good looking, after all. Then grows an irrepressible interest and curiosity.  I am deeply driven to know him better and not be prying at the same time! 


We do start talking. Nothing is too personal. But a few things are of such a kind that they are meant for the two of us only! That’s the time when my emotions refuse to be obedient to me. That’s the time when words fall short to explain what I am going through.


Complicated? Wait till that gets worse. I confess what I’m going through, and he understands! The fact that he takes everything exactly the way they are to be taken, makes me admire him even more!


It’s a very special excitement- the anticipation of meeting him everyday, the very evident high spirits, the purely intellectual talks, the pink blushes all day, the little comical questions, the strange little thrill in stealthily exchanging texts sitting three feet away, having tiny secrets from the rest of the group, pestering each other in a hundred cute ways, and the silliness of it all!


It’s something that brings out the sixteen-year-old inside me, all over again!



Now, that’s not love! That’s not infatuation as well. It’s a little thrill, a little excitement, a little adventure of its own kind. It’s a very refreshing possessive state in which I totally enjoy being charmed! 


It’s something very close to how a child feels when it stealthily eats a cookie without the mom knowing, how a wife feels when she talks for hours with her childhood sweetheart without the husband knowing, how a teenager feels when he hides his love letters from his parents, and how a con man feels when he wins and walks out with grace!


It is short-lived, temporary, silly, stupid, impractical, juvenile and ridiculous! It dies with time. But still, it recharges me with the spark I badly need for me to move on. Among all the other boring mediocre things in life, this qualifies for an oasis.

                       

Even if not tomorrow or day after, a few years down the lane, we will part ways and there will be a day when we almost forget about each other. There will be a day when I laugh at the stupidity of it all! 


But for now, I’m still on the roller-coaster of being charmed, and I’m crazy about the ride!               


                               


2 comments: