Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ONE MORE CHANCE - Chapter 1



The subscriber you are trying to reach is currently busy. Please dial ‘star’ to leave a voice message. Thank you.
“I know why you are not picking up on me. But I deserve a chance to explain. Come on, you know I do! Please talk to me. I’m still waiting.”
It was his nineteenth message for the day. She did not feel like returning his calls, and the fact that she was exhausted due to a long day, seemed like a good excuse. She threw herself on the couch and exhaled heavily. She did not feel hungry for dinner and decided on skipping it, yet again. She blankly looked at the roof and closed her eyes.



“It’s high time you stop skipping your meals. This is heights!!”
She remained silent.
“Do you hear me??” he raised his voice.
“Yeah. I’ll try.”
“Unbelievable!! You are too lazy to cook for yourself, you end up skipping meals, getting sick and visiting clinics with me and you say I’ll try??  That’s horrible. You know that??”
“I don’t feel hungry. “, she shrugged.
He smiled at her and looked at her deep brown eyes. “Nothing seems to be serious to you. Does it?”
“Nothing can be more serious than you!!” she said, teasing him.
He took her in his arms and touched her warm cheeks, “I want you to take care of yourself when I’m away. Okay?” he said caringly.
“I will.” she promised.
He kissed her on her forehead and reached out for his luggage. “I’ll be back soon.”
She suddenly sat up!! Things had changed. Things had changed so much since then. Now she no longer felt like keeping her promise. She no longer wanted to eat, and no longer wanted to take care of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment